Free Search (11986 images)
BAF (Final Assembly Building)
Rating: 4.00/5 (1 votes cast)
- Title BAF (Final Assembly Building)
- Released 08/02/2002 4:44 pm
- Copyright ESA-S.Corvaja
The Ariane 5 ground installations (ELA 3) have been entirely financed by the ESA and are constituted of four main areas: br>
- the solid-propellant booster integration building
- the launcher integration building, BIL
- the final assembly building, BAF
- the launch zone.
Arianespace took possession of the ELA-3 facilities on 25th November 1997 and the formal handover ceremony occurred on the 4th March 1998.
In the 90-m high Final Assembly Building the upper composite, consisting of one or two satellites inside the Ariane fairing, is assembled on top of the lower composite to make a complete launcher. This takes about 12 days.